The company was chartered April 7,1924. The Original Fire House was completed December, 1924 at the cost of $4,825.00. During the past years extensive additions were made to the building, Such as the addition which was built in 1962 at a cost of $22,000. The addition provided space for additional equipment, kitchen facilities, and social quarters. During the same period of time the acquisition of additional ground and building increased the assets to the Fire Company well in excess of $100,000.00.
In 1992 the newest addition was started, the cost of the building would be $141,355.00. The Fire Company got a $100,000.00 mortgage. They had save the remaining $41,355.00. The mortgage, as of July, 2004 is now less than $18,000.00. The assets as of 2004 of the Gibraltar Fire Company are now in excess of $750,000.00.
On March 22, 2002 the IRS granted our application for a 501C3 status. Gibraltar Fire Company is now recognized as a charitable organization by the IRS.
On October 31st,2003, we proudly watched our E~One Rescue Pumper being backed into our engine house. Along with the addition of this truck, we also built a new Brush Jeep and a 86 GMC Brush Truck. In January, 2004, we were notified that FEMA had awarded us $225,000.00 towards the purchase of a 3,500 gal. Tanker/Pumper which was delivered May 2005.